* 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
* 1/3 cup butter
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons white vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
1. Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
2. While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.