Weird/stressful/reassuring day. Too fussed/braindead to focus on watching TV, so I'm surfing the internet trying to decompress. I owe folks responses/comment, but have been running too fast of late to have the time and brainpower to manage it. Gomen, ne! I have appreciated the comments and questions, even as I am being slow to show my appreciation. Tomorrow I have some time, and will try to make some efforts to catch up.
Found out that currently we have five planets in retrograde. (Mercury, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto -- yes, astrologically poor Pluto is still considered a planet, even if current astronomers have chosen to dis it.) So if it feels like everything is going backwards at the moment, well, astrologically, it is. Jupiter went retrograde on April 6, which sort of makes some things make a lot more sense. Retrograde planets are supposed to cause introspection, and Jupiter rules my sign, Sagittarius. Perhaps that's why I seem to have been stuck in a cycle of self-examination and "growth". (Yes, shipoffools999, I know it's good for me. That doesn't mean I like it, or enjoy it.)
Since I'm being random and avoiding dealing with anything important, I'll do
1. What curse word do you use the most?
Depends on how stressed I am. I used to never swear. Lately, my vocabulary has degraded noticeably.
2. Do you own an iPod?
3. What person on your flist do you talk to the most?
These days, Fushigi-chan folks.
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
6. Do you remember where you were on 9/11/01?
Who doesn't? I was supposed to leave for England the next day, and had gotten in to work around 5:30 AM to finish coordinating some things.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Take the picture. Hobbyist photographer and all that.
8. What was the last movie you watched?
Transformers. Not as impressed as I wanted to be.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
Yeah, one or two.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
No, I think I can safely say no one every calls me lazy as anything other than a joke.
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
No. I don't like taking drugs of any kind.
12. What cd is currently in your cd player?
Libana, A Circle Is Cast
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Chocolate. I rarely drink milk, since it can sometimes upset my stomach.
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Don't think so.
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
A week or so ago. The last two times I went to Starbucks they gave me something so bitter I couldn't stand to drink it, so I'm kind of avoiding it now.
16. Can you whistle?
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Personality? I'm really not good with noticing anything physical about people.
18. What are you looking forward to?
Not so much these days... Quiet nights at home, mostly. Hanging with swtjemz and yuusada on Tuesday, since we do it so rarely any more and I miss it, and, by the same token, going to Formula D in August. Going to SDCC, since I've been wanting to do it for years.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Yes, when I could. My folks didn't let me do it that often. I took revenge on them by becoming an anime fan when I got older.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
I think I have an old Oingo Boingo shirt from when they played the Santa Barbara Bowl.
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
Sleeping, I hope.
22. Is anyone in love with you?
Dunno. I usually don't know until long after someone's given up and lost interest because I'm so dense.
23. What was the last song you heard?
The one I'm listening to currently? Not sure, one of the ones on the Libana CD.
24. Last time you cried?
Tonight, after getting home from the family reunion. Mostly from relief, I think. Some of the folks who had been reported as being near death's door seem to be in a good deal better condition than I had been led to believe. Though the day really drove home to me how much of the family has slipped away in recent years, and how little time I have left with some of the ones remaining.
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
27. What’s the weather like?
Night? It was clear when we got back, but the fog was rolling in.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
29. What did you do before this?
Went to a family reunion. Spent a while surfing the 'net trying to decompress.
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I start walking into things and not parsing correctly on less than 4. Usually I end up with about 6. I think I should be getting closer to 7 1/2 - 8.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Yup, PBJ every weekday morning, whatever random fancy strikes me on weekends.
33. Are your days fast-paced?
34. What did you do last night?
Took yuusada out for a belated birthday dinner, along with racerxmachina and roseembolism.
35. Do you use sarcasm?
Only slightly. Don't slip in it.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Old enough that I'm starting to feel it, for the first time in my life.
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Grammar, yes. Spelling only when I notice it. I should be better about the latter.
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Nope. On the to-do list.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
Either about equally.
40. Do you like mustard?
41. Do you sleep on your side?
42. Do you watch the news?
Not so much. I find that they feed half-stories and sound bites too much. I time how long it takes before I start shouting that the reporters are too stupid to be qualified to give an opinion and to get off my TV screen.
43. How did you get one of your scars?
Falling face-first down a waterfall in Mexico, while a horde of drunk Mexicans behind me shouted "tequila!" and lucifie shouted over the radio at Ezra that she was going to kill him as soon as she found him.
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
Meh. Not worth dwelling on. I'm powerless to effect the situation, so being mad is just throwing energy in the wrong direction.
45. Do you like anybody?
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
Dinner, for my mother and my uncle.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
Haven't gone swimming in forever, so I really don't know.
49. What colour is your razor?
Er, hardly ever use it. White, I think.
50. What is your blood-type?
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Ugh, I don't think I would take well to being tied to someone. They would probably want to strangle me before too long.
52. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
Don't know. Probably don't want to know. I would only fuss needlessly over it.
53. How do you feel about carrots?
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
I paid no attention to the Spice Girls.
56. Do you know what time it is?
15:01 Sunday, in Tokyo.
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song?
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Push the button to call for help?
59. What’s your favourite kind of gum?
Clorets XP Blue.
60. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
No. Playing "all's fair" with love is a good way to land in a really evil situation. The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your own heart. War... still requires decency whenever such can be managed.
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
Huh? How can I use words correctly but not know what they mean?
63. Do you like to sleep?
Yeah, generally I do.
64. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time
Arizona and Hawaii. Used to be some parts of ... Indiana, I think it was... didn't, but I heard they stopped that.
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
Know, yes. Know all the lyrics now? Probably not. I could sing along if I heard it.
66. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
Good heavens, no. I'm not so much with the domestics.
67. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
Erm? Dunno... Do the Shikoku pilgrimage, I guess. Moving kind of messes with the urge to collect stuff.
68. Do you have hairy LEGS?
Don't really notice.
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
Lake. It's less sticky.
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
Used to. I always wear black pants, but try to wear other colors as well.
71. Describe your hair:
Blonde, fine, with a tendency to develop boing-boing curls.
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
Nah, insects are okay.
73. Are you an adult?
Yeah, unfortunately I suppose I am. Kind of a pain in the butt.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
California, for the moment. Looking to move out of the country, which makes me fussed, but it's her choice and I support her in that.
75. Do you have a tan?
Not so much.
76. Are you a television addict?
Kinda? I watch a lot, I guess. Or record a lot and then don't get around to watching it.
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
Yeah, she's cool to talk to.
78. Are you a sugar freak?
I do have a sweet tooth.
79. Do you like orange juice?
Nope. Haven't been able to stand oranges for as long as I can remember. My mother says I used to love them, but, lacking any memory of this, I'm dubious and suspect a parental ploy to get me to drink my orange juice.
80. What sign are you?