One of my coworkers (who has been through several buy-outs) recommended that I take home anything that I valued. I don't want to be screamingly obvious that I am cleaning out my cube, so some compromises had to be made.
- A plastic bowl that I had brought Hallowe'en candy in. It's part of a set. I would miss it.
- My sandpanther. (Obviously.)
- Mr. Bigglesworth. He reminds me of my last job, and the Grand Master Freak. I am quite fond of Mr. Bigglesworth.
- The Black Death. I could not possibly abandon the cute destroyer of medival Europe to its fate. After all, it has the most soulfull eyes. And I need it around, since it will be my date at an upcomming wedding.
- Some pieces of art given to me by a coworker.
- My little Subaru flag. I paused when I picked this up, and remembered that I got it exactly one year ago. *sigh*
- A mini Japanese screen that seshat gave me several years ago.
I decided to leave, but wish that I hadn't:
- My headphones.
- My rally calendar. (Also aquired a year ago, *sniff*.)
- My handkerchief with a map of Tokyo on it.
- My minature guillotine.
- My SCCA poster. It and my map of Tokyo are placed such that they cover a gap in the cube walls, so if I took them, it would be pretty obvious. Their lack would also would prove annoying should it turn out that I do still have a job come a week from now.
I don't seriously expect that I will be laid off come a week from tomorrow. Still, it was a very strange moment walking out of the building today, realizing that it's entirely possible that I will never see my coworkers again. And it was even weirder to realize that for some of them, I would regret that.